I'm a Sucker for a Deal

| |

Oh, how I love the consignment sales.


I love everything about them ... the purging of my own things to sell ... the tagging ... the anticipation of the hunt when I am shopping ... finding a great deal on something I would have paid 3 times as much for in a store ... all of it.


And this year I had a shopping buddy with me to help (ahem, well not really "help"). Tanner and I got up this morning and were ready to hit the All for Kids Sale at Mt. Paran. I usually go to the pre-sale on Thursday night as a seller, but last night just wasn't an option for me. So Melissa, Ashley, Tanner, and I hit the sale this morning. And I'm sooooooooooo glad we did!!


I could seriously spend hours in that place. Now that I don't have to dredge through the baby clothing, it is fun to look at the big girl stuff. Most of it is junk, truly, but every once in a while I find something really cute. And I have to have it. And since Kendall outgrew all of her little velour jumpsuits (which are some of my favorite things to dress her in for fall and winter) I was determined to find at least one this morning. I was also on the lookout for jeans and Polo-shirt style dresses that you can put leggings or tights underneath. It took me all of 1 1/2 hours to find all that I needed.


First, we hit the shoe "department." Not much in the way of little girl shoes now that Kendall's in a size 12. I was hoping for a pair of slippers and a pair of Keds. No such luck on either front. In boys, I wanted a pair of brown boots/shoes and more Crocs. We did manage to find a pair of red Crocs for a dollar. But that was it.


Second, I tried looking at clothes for Tanner, but he really doesn't need anything for fall, and he completely wasn't into shopping for clothing. He has jeans and khaki pants, long sleeve Tshirts and sweatshirts. He doesn't go anywhere, so he really doesn't need a lot of clothes. (He did get a train ... like he needs more of those.)


I hit the JACKPOT with Kendall's clothes though. Why am I so excited, you ask? Because usually it is hit or miss with these things -- last time I drove all the way up to the church and searched for 2 hours only to leave with 2 or 3 shirts. But this time I got 18 pieces of clothing (some full outfits) for a measly $61.00.


How excited am I???


SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!


My two favorite things (which I'm sure will also be Kendall's favorites) are a Gymboree navy and pink striped dress and a hot pink velour Princess sweatsuit. Yes, my girlie girl will absolutely love her new clothes. As much as I loved finding them.


Oh, how I love consignment season ...

0 comments: