The Needy

| |

Or un-needy, in my kids' case!

I feel like I've spent the better part of the 2 weeks since Christmas organizing and reorganizing the playroom. Those of you who have seen our playroom know what a crazy feat this is. Tanner and I went to Target on Wednesday and bought a new shelf to keep in the playroom with the hopes of making some of the toys more accessible (translation - easier for them to clean up). I was lucky enough to get to Target before some half-crazed lunatic swiped the last one (the bold color shelves were on sale this week for $20 cheaper than usual ... and I go the LAST ONE!! Victory!!)

Anywho, armed with my screwdriver, I put the shelf together night before last and we (meaning I) proceeded to sort through toys.

UNGODLY amounts of toys.

There are things hidden in this playroom I didn't even know about!! My Little Ponies ... Barbies ... Matchbox cars (in droves) ... remote controls that belong to something ... doll diapers ... several single Barbie shoes (seems that the dryer ate the matches ... I guess Kendall heard me saying that the dryer ate socks, so she improvised).

Now the room appears to be in some sort of order, but my OCD still won't let sleeping dogs lie. I've moved some things around, hoping to make it a more conducive environment for playing ... but my ultimate goal is to have half the room for girl stuff and half for boy stuff. It ain't happening though. Oh well, I tried.

Today's task -- after I change Tanner's poop (again) I'm hoping he will be distracted enough by all the "new" toys (that have since been unearthed) that he won't notice Mommy throwing away the broken Matchbox cars ...

Do we really need 9 broken Matchbox cement trucks?

1 comments:

Keri said...

how is he going to play demolition derby without broken matchbox cars?