I just experienced a most wonderous weekend. Granted, some people may find me terribly dorky for doing what I did this weekend, but I loved it, nonetheless.
On Friday morning, my girlfriend Tracy and I embarked on a drive north to Elijay for a scrapping weekend. 3 days devoted completely to scarpbooking. A dream that I've been dreaming for a year or so, I was so excited to head out of town. I knew I would miss Tim and the kids, but I also knew that I needed to get away so I
could miss them. This is the first time I've been away from all three of them at one time; Tim and I have gone without the kids before, but this was the first time I've left all 3 of them.
Anyway, Tracy and I arrived at the Lodge (Yes, that's the actual name of the cabin) around 11 AM on Friday, unloaded our scrapbook supplies (which consisted of several bags and boxes) and our tiny bags of clothes/toiletries, claimed our beds (we got top bunks -- so cute), and headed downstairs to get started.
.jpg)
The Lodge is the perfect set up for a scrapbook getaway. Upsatirs is the living area, complete with a full service kitchen, 3 large bedrooms loaded with bunkbeds, and 4 bathrooms. It appears to be just a regular mountain getaway cabin minus the queen/king beds for couples. But when you head downstairs, you are greeted by two rooms, fully equipped with crafting tables (4 ft long) cricut machines and cartridges galore (if you are a scrapper you understand my excitement), a bathroom, and long counters for cutting. Each room was set up with 10 tables, placed side by side. When we arrived several women were already getting to work, with paper spread out and bags overflowing with photos everywhere. I was giddy as I opened my bag and pulled out the first album I planned to work on.
Granted, we had both spent several days prior getting things organized. You can't just jump into one of these weekends without a plan. I had decided I would finish the kids' birthday albums (I was 1 birthday behind in K's and 2 behind in T's), finish T's baby album (yes, he's almost 4 so I figure I should get on this), and work on the Morris Family 2009 album. I started scarpping at 11:30 AM and the time started flying. The only times I stopped were to eat lunch and dinner. At 1 AM, people started heading up to bed. Tracy, Kelly and I felt like we were just getting in our grooves, so we decided we would stay up a few hours longer. As we laughed, talked, and shared stories, we got our memories into our boooks. Not feeling tired at all, we checked the clock and found that it was 4 AM!
Seriously?!
We considered going to bed (not really), but figured some people would be waking soon enough so we just stayed up.
I haven't stayed up all night long ... well, ever, I think. At least not since those slumber parties in school when we stayed awake so we weren't the first girl asleep and had to endure some form of crazy slumber-party torture. When people started waking in the morning, Kelly, Tracy and I paraded around, claiming to be "Scrapping Rockstars," boasting of our up-all-nightedness. Yes, the staying up all night caught up with us later Saturday, with Tracy and I both having to take power naps. But we had so much fun staying up and laughing. And not a drop of alcohol. (Though I think Tim still believes we were partying due to the fact that I lost my voice sometime over the weeknd and it hasn't returned.)
All in all, a wonderful weekend. By Sunday morning I was really missing home and ready to get back. I wish I could convey how much this weekend meant to me ... how much I appreciate the chance to get away ... how much fun I had with my girlfiends ...how much I enjoyed not being called "Mommy" for just a few days ... how nice it was to not have to cut someone's food at dinner ...
But then again, without all those things I missed, I wouldn't have anything to scrap! And now I feel refreshed and energized to start spending some time outside with the kiddos since the weather is finally warming up.
Time to make some more memories!
0 comments:
Post a Comment