I am including two separate Favorites today since I was unable to post last Friday due to my grueling work schedule and terrible procrastination. So here's a favorite for last Friday and today.
Rachel, Keisha, & Jackie
July 2010
We are laughing because we are all Class of 1996, yet the picture was taken at the Class of 1995 reunion ... and yes, we have aged well. Rachel and Jackie are two of my oldest friends; by oldest I mean I've known them the longest, not that we are old, per se. I've known Jackie since elementary school -- and we've been through it together. I have some terribly incriminating photos from a few years of cheerleading and a trip to Gatlinburg where we made it on the cover of a teen magazine. (ha!) We started our periods together. We started wearing bras together. We started finding boys interesting together. We cheered together. And through it all, Jackie was always my friend. One thing I admire about her is that she never lets gossip affect the way she feels about something. (That could be why our friendship survived through high school ....) I've known Rachel since middle school, and we become especially close in high school when we had Mr. Claiborne for homeroom. Rachel and I dated guys that ran in the same circles, and we spent a lot of time together. Her mom was out cheerleading coach, and we spent a lot of time at her home. One of my favorite memories (OK, there are several ...) is from our Spring Break trips to Destin. I believe there are also some incriminating photos from those trips, as well. ;0)
It seems crazy to me that life has brought us full circle. After Tim and I moved to Canton, I reconnected with Rachel and Jackie because we all live within miles of each other. After years of losing touch (in college we were in different schools in different towns), somehow we all ended up with guys from NCHS (Class of '95, mind you) and living in Holly Springs, GA. And I couldn't be happier to still have both of these girls as my friends!
Tanner Michael
August 2010
Because I hate for everyone to think that he never smiles for me anymore ...
This was taken after Tanner's 4th day of school. He's still in tact, whole, and in a good mood. I love this picture because he looks so big!! I love my little angel. And don't tell him I said this, but he could probably get just about anything he wants from me if he'd flash me that smile!
0 comments:
Post a Comment