OK, so she's not a "baby" anymore, but this was her first official haircut. I've been trimming Kendall's hair for 3 years, but she decided she wanted a big girl haircut before she went back to school this year. So I made an appointment for her with Jennie, the girl who does my hair. I've been talking it up for a week, due to the fact that Kendall is so shy around new people. Not to mention that Jennie is tattooed and pierced all over. Not something Kendall is used to seeing.
So yesterday we woke up and got her hair washed (cause you know you have to pay extra for a shampoo). We headed out after lunch. Once we got there, Kendall decided that she wanted me to go first. ???? OK, so Mommy had to get a trim too. That's fine. So she watched as I had my hair trimmed. I kept telling her that it didn't hurt, and that she would look so cute when she got finished. Then it was her turn in the chair.
Uh, yeah. Kendall probably would've been fine had Jennie not picked her up and put her in the chair. Yes, for those of you who know Kendall, you can't touch her at all until she in comfortable with you. (Obviously, this does not bother me; no one will ever be able to kidnap her without a really big, loud fight!!) Once she was settled, Jennie started clipping away. Kendall was so good and so patient. She was holding her lovey in one hand and my finger in the other under the cape the entire time. It was very cute. And in the end, she came out looking like a big girl ... she loves to walk around, bouncing her hair. And last night after her bath, she put on her nightgown and went to pull her hair out of the back, and it wasn't there. She just busted out laughing, like that was the best joke I've ever played on her.
And now I just look at her in amazement. It's strange how just a haircut can change a little girl's personality. And then, to top it all off, after getting a big girl haircut, she slept all night in her bed by herself!! (I'm not counting on this happening again tonight, but you never know!)
So here's the picture of Kendall's new hair cut. She's precious!!!!!
1 comments:
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment