So after our trip to the beach and watching Tanner's "wings" expand in the humidity, Tim and I decided to get a real haircut for Tanner. Tim got online and found a haircut he liked, and I took Tanner for a cut today. Naturally, he wanted Sissy to go first, even though she just got her hair cut!! So she got her hair trimmed to "look like Mommy's" while Tanner got his wings shaved off.
So now Tanner is so proud of his big boy haircut. He loved the way he could feel the "shunshine" on his neck when we were outside. He loved that I didn't have to blow dry his hair before bed to keep it tame. He really loves that his hair can be shaped into a mohawk in the bathtub. And now he's not a baby anymore. When I ask him, he now says, "No, Mommy. I Mommy's big boy."
While the hairdresser shaved, I sobbed, watching his precious blond curls fall to the floor. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. I attempted to catch each and every curl in my hand, tears streaming down my face. It was awful. I kept apologizing, and the hairdresser told me that it happens all the time. So I felt better ... a little. Before I knew it, the deed was done. It took such a short time to cut it off after waiting for so long for it to grow.
I just can't believe he's growing up ...
1 comments:
Oh he DOES look like such a big boy! Little boys always go from baby to big boy with that first haircut (or, in Tanner's case, the 2nd one!). He's adorable -- with or without those curls :)
Post a Comment