Too Much Going On Around Here

| |

Even though it seems that, at the end of the day I've done nothing, I feel like I've been super-busy for the last week or so. I was determined to get all my Christmas shopping done last week, and I have achieved this now. Of course, everything isn't wrapped yet, but that can happen later. So what else has been going on?


Well, Tim and I had 4 invitations to 4 functions in 4 different places for this past Saturday. After racking my brain and trying to figure out how we could be in 4 different places at once, I figured we couldn't do it all so we took the first invitation we received.


So Saturday afternoon we headed out to Blue Ridge for Matt's surprise 30th birthday party. We stayed in this gorgeous cabin that slept 14 or so. There were 4 couples and some other people. Luckily, everyone was up for a good time. All of the couples are parents, so it was nice to let our hair down with some people who understand what our lives are like on a daily basis. We ate a low country boil, cake, and drank wine and martinis. All without the pressure of having to drive home. It was fabulous!! We ended our night with several hours in a hot tub ... it was Heaven! It is really great when Tim and I have the chance to relax and not worry about anything. We remember how to laugh and enjoy each other's company and remember how lucky we are to have each other. So, all in all, fabulous trip.


On the way back from Blue Ridge, I made Tim stop on 575 beside the DUI sign for my dad. There are still flowers where his accident happened.

Lastly, Saturday night Josh deployed for Iraq again. 2nd tour of duty. This is my favorite picture, though it frightens me that the government gives my little brother a weapon ... kidding! I talked to him Thursday night, but I was hoping to be able to talk to him again before he left. But we had zero bars in the mountains, so I don't know if he called or not. I'm hoping that he knows how much I love him, how much I pray for is safety, and how proud I am of him. Mary (my sister-in-law) sent the pictures from deployment and I just sat and cried looking at them this morning. It still hasn't quite sunk in that he is gone for another year ...

So that's where we are now. No more online shopping and no more other stuff going on for a while, so hopefully I'll have more time to rest before the craziness of Christmas gets here.

0 comments: