... the day that moms of little girls dream of ... the day of the first dance costume ...
Ahhh, I've dreamt of it for so long. I wanted to start Kendall in dance last year, even the year before, but I couldn't be sure that she would enjoy it or understand why she had to stay in if she decided she just didn't like it anymore. So this year I signed her up, and so far she's really enjoyed it. She has a small class, and her best friend Brookie is in her class. We go every Friday at 1, and she spends the rest of the afternoon shuffling and kick-ball-changing around the house. She is in a tap and ballet class, simply because I couldn't choose between the two. I'm going to let her decide which one she likes better, if it ever comes to that.
Anyway, I signed Kendall up after the classes had already begun in the fall, and I had to pay recital fees right away. Seems strange since recital isn't until June. But they had to go ahead and get everyone fitted for their costumes, etc., etc. So I paid, and Tim has no idea how much, and now we're on track for a dance recital I simply cannot wait for!!
I just can't believe how grown up she is now! 4 1/2 ... almost 5. Crazy.
Times is just flying by ... and with the rush of the holidays and all the running around getting things together for my applications for work next year, I haven't really looked at her. How much she's really changed. Since we cut her hair, everyone keeps telling me how much she looks like me ... all I see is that she is no longer a baby. She's really a little girl now ... in big girl size clothes and big girl size shoes. She has big girl opinions and big girl ideas. She's starting to become her own person ...
Sigh. My babies are growing up. How come I didn't believe it when my mom said this time would go by so fast ...
2 comments:
Adorable . . . I can't wait for that day, either. And just think, we have TWO girls . . .
Poor Jim!
I remember dance costumes! Love it! Enjoy - Madi is a tomboy - no dance for us... :~(
Post a Comment