I'm Gonna Miss This??????

| |

So I've had Trace Adkins' song "You're Gonna Miss This" running through my head for a few days now. If you're not familiar with the song, allow me to recite a few lines --

"You're gonna miss this.
You're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times
So take a good look around.
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this."

The tune is not jammed in my brain because it is a "catchy tune" or anything like that. I am purposely keeping it in my brain, right on the tip of my tongue in fact, at all times. It appears that Kendall is having a hard time adjusting to my being back home. While we have been home for a week now, Kendall and I have been at each other's throats the entire time. She was sick when we got home; just a fever and a sore throat. So I granted her that whining because I knew she didn't feel good. Now, she's perfectly well, that I can see.

And we're still at each other's throats. I feel like everything is just so dramatic with her. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, she can't just call out for me; she must scream and moan. When she wakes up in the morning, she is an angel until Tanner gets up. Then the battles begin.

"Kendall, so you want yogurt or french toasts sticks for breakfast?"
"I donnnn't wannnnnt to eat."
"OK, well I'm going to make some french toast for Tanner."
"But I wannnnnt to eat some yogurt!!!!"

Aye yi yi.

And so the day goes on. Every decision is a battle. She is so darn stubborn. And I know she's growing up so fast. And I know that I have vowed to make these last few months with my babies perfect -- but she's fighting me, tooth and nail, all the way!!

I hear what you're thinking -- "You're the mother." "She's only 4." "Give her a break." Or maybe you're thinking, "I'd put her butt in timeout." "Take away something she loves." "Give her some boundaries."

Yes, yes, I know. I've tried all of those things. Nothing seems to work. And now, just when I thought we had the sleep thing figured out (somewhat), she's started waking up again. But now, instead of wanting me to get in bed with her, she wants to (brace yourself) change her panties.

What?!!

Please, someone who has a little girl, tell me that you have gone through this with your daughter? I'm afraid something might be wrong with her. At first, I chalked it up to a new pack of Princess panties. She just wanted to wear every pair as soon as they came out of the washer and dryer. So she kept saying she was "wet," so she needed new panties. Now it appears to be a problem. Every time she uses the bathroom, we have to go through this long process of making sure she is completely dry. Then, 3 minutes later, she's crying because she's wet. Or because she thinks she's wet. So I have to show her that she's not wet. Last night, after she woke up the 3 time, I decided to check out what Doctor Internet had to say. So Web MD says she may have UTI.

Ewww, so wonder she's so mean and nasty all the time. I know what those feel like.

So we;re off to the doctor to see what's going on "down there.
I shall fill you in when we return.

"You're gonna miss this ....."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one can say what you should do b/c they aren't you :) You'll do what you know is right and I'm sure it'll be fine. Hope all goes well at the dr. If she has a UTI I bet she doesn't feel good at ALL!

Remember your song....SO SWEET!

~beth

Anonymous said...

Kennedy has a similar problem with the panties - she is always pulling at them... they are too small or too big... or whatever. She also does the no wipe thing and then it gets irritated and then pulling at the undies begin all over again.

The fighting - I say we are just getting prepared for teenage years a little early. What else could it be? The more I try to stay calm and not faulter, the more she fights.... I think it is the age, the oldest girl, and the hormones in the milk ;-)