Packing on the pounds

| |


OK, so after consuming nearly all the Girl Scout cookies by myself (I know better than to buy those sweet, tempting little treats), and after ignoring my "cues" telling me that I a) was full, or b) didn't really need that snack/dessert, I've packed on about 7 pounds.


I hear some of you secretly rejoicing. Shame on you!


I wish I could blame this weight gain on the weaning off my medicine, but I'm pretty sure it's just from ignoring all the rules I learned in my Weight Watchers meetings. So Monday is a new day.


I've dug out my points trackers and journals so I can start writing down all the crumbs (and their points) that pass the threshold of my lips throughout the day. And I've washed the water bottle so I can stop drinking those dangerous Mountain Dews. And I ate the Grands Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast this morning -- no, I did not eat them all by myself. I only had one. And the kids each had one. And I left the other 2 for Tim to take to work for breakfast this week. Some self-control was exerted on my part -- cause I really wanted another one. And this afternoon I will throw out the rest of the cookies in an effort to avoid temptation. While I am generally against wasting food, this is an effort to save myself.


And I will work hard to get these 7 pounds off before they turn into more.


Swimsuit season is coming, after all!

0 comments: