All I Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten

| |

This morning has been interesting, to say the least. I slept better last night than I expected I would; I thought I would be a bundle of nerves. We decided to put the kids to bed early since we had to get up so early this morning. Kendall only took a little while to fall asleep, but then she finally passed out and didn't wake until this morning.



Of course, this morning I woke Kendall up at 6:15, and she was not very happy because it was still dark outside. Usually it's against the rules to get up before the sun's up. She got up and didn't want any breakfast, of course. I got her dressed and we loaded up the school supplies to head out the door. I take her picture every year on the fist day of school, and this year was no different. After I snapped it, I looked back and thought, "When did she grow up so much?" She looks so much bigger now. I remember when I first bought her little LL Bean backpack and how huge it was on her. Now it fits perfectly. She carried her own nap map into the building. She didn't want to grab my hand until we entered the building. And when I walked her to her classroom, she stood next to the "Welcome" sign for me to take another picture and then headed right in. No tears. No apprehension. Just a quick hug and look back before she went to her seat.


Unbelievable. My baby girl is growing up. And now that she is back at school, my day has gone by slowly. Tanner and I have a had a good time, but he has grown very talkative without Sissy to compete with! I guess I'll have to find somethings to keep him busy now ...

0 comments: