I Swore I Would Never Do It

| |



But conformity was my only option here.

After being a slave to Harry Potter for years, getting in line to buy early copies, waiting to see movies in the theaters, I swore to myself that I would not succumb to the Twilight hype.

But succumb, I have.

I read the first book with skepticism. Several other parents at the pool were reading it at the same time, and we all tried to hide the covers of our copies while our kids played. After finishing the first book in record time, I tried to find New Moon at the library. After not having any luck, I asked the librarian and she said I was looking in the wrong section. (Apparently Twilight is a young adult book ... Who knew?!) The library couldn't find a copy anywhere this side of the Mason-Dixon line, so I went to my last resort -- my 13-year-old niece.

Yes, I borrowed my niece's book.

Anyway, after she warned me that there wasn't as much Edward as I probably was hoping for in New Moon, I began reading and couldn't put it down. (At least I'm teaching my kids good reading habits, right?) When New Moon was done, I couldn't find a copy of Eclipse, so I was forced to read some Shopaholic junk until I came across a paperback version of the one I truly wanted.

I found Eclipse at Kroger for 40% off with my Kroger Plus card, and took that as a sign.

I'm now reading Eclipse and can't stop. I'm a Twilight junkie. But part of me wants to slow down because, just like the Harry Potter books, there is an end in sight. I only have one more book after this one and then I'm done. Then what will I read???

But even more exciting now is the prospect of watching all these movies once I finish the books. I will not watch any of the movies until I've read all the books ...

But just to whet my appetite (and yours, if you're interested) I found the trailer for New Moon. And now I'm really excited about seeing the movie!! (And yes, all you Disney Channel movie watchers, that is Sharkboy as Jacob Black.)

1 comments:

pokey said...

HA! I told you you would come over to the "twilight" side eventually!!

Welcome! :-)