She Loves Deeply <3

| |

After receiving lots of advice about how to handle Kendall's anxiety attacks over school, I sent her teacher an email this morning voicing my concerns and asking for her thoughts. She gave me a call this afternoon (as opposed to responding to my e-mail, which I LOVE), and this is what she had to say ...

About 5 seconds after she enters the door, she stops crying. She usually says she wants Lovey, so she is told to get Lovey from her backpack and to hold onto it as long as she needs to. After about ten minutes of holding Lovey, Kendall comes back up to Mrs. Nations with a big smile and says she's done with Lovey. Lovey goes back in the backpack without another mention for the rest of the day.

Kendall has a very best friend, Allie. They do everything together -- centers, recess, hold hands, giggle. Mrs. Nations even mentioned they had to be separated at nap time because they were "having so much fun together." :)

Kendall is a hard worker. She pays attention, she tries hard, she does her best work. She's gracious and generous with her affection.

Kendall is not the only crier ... there are three who seems to be having anxiety issues in the mornings. But, Mrs. Nations says that the separation is difficult simply because Kendall "loves deeply." I love the way that sounds ... let me say it again. She loves me deeply -- and that's why it's so hard to be away from me. And just as she loves me deeply, she will learn to love Mrs. Nations deeply as well.

So now I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. Ahhhhhh. My baby is fine during the day. She is being loved and well taken care of. And I truly believe that this woman God has sent to us is an angel. An angel from Heaven above. And I am so thankful! And as she was telling me all of this on the phone, my heart was bursting with pride and emotion. She loves me deeply. How awesome is that to hear?

(This just verifies my "Love Language" theory. I just needed to hear those Words of Affirmation to know that everything is going to be OK!)

0 comments: