Favorite Photo Friday

| |

Wait ... it is Friday, right?!

What a strange and crazy week.  4 day weeks always do it to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CLASS OF '96 PLEDGE CLASS

This is how many of us there were when we started.  Strange how there weren't that many left at the end.  But these are some of the girls (only a small percentage, obviously) who went through the grueling event known as Sorority RUSH (or Recruitment) at the University of Georgia in the summer of 1996.  Little did I know then how many of these girls would grow with me, age with me, become wives and moms with me ...

I am so thankful my mom urged me to go through RUSH that summer.  I hated the idea.  I thought it was "stupid" and "shallow."  And some people probably feel the same way I did -- and in all honesty, some of the girls I met that week at some of the houses on sorority row were stupid and shallow.  (Stupid and shallow of me to say, I know.)  But that's the key to RUSH - finding the place that doesn't feel stupid or shallow.  Finding the place that makes you feel welcome. The place that makes you feel beautiful.  The place that makes you feel whole.

And as silly as it may sound, the girls -- well, women -- who are my life-long friends now make me feel exactly that way.

They make me whole.  And I love them. (OK, so I'm feeling a little nostalgic after getting some good news from a friend this week ...) 

And who would've thought then that a Perdue, a Pilgrim, a Pennington, and a Powers would all fit together so well?!!  That's how you know you've found a good house -- because we were all very different, yet we fit perfectly together in this new home.


1 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE this Favorite Photo Friday! That "P" Rush Group certainly did turn out some SK superstars and life long friends.

Lots of love!
Amy