The Jungle Room - August 2010
About 3 Hours Into Clearing
My brain must feel younger than my body. Or something. For some reason yesterday morning I got an itch to take out the jungle that had grown on the ground in the lot between my mom's house and ours. Craziness. That's all I can use to explain my actions.
Maybe it was the 3 cups of coffee. Or maybe it was my way of distracting myself from wanting to eat or wanting tog o shopping. Or maybe it was the multivitamin. But whatever it was, I'm regretting it today. My body obviously does not appreciate the finer things in life anymore -- like sweating, or fire ant bites, or blisters - because this morning I almost couldn't move when I got up. Tanner had to pull me out of the bed because my back was aching so badly. (And to think, this is how Tim feels after he does yard work every weekend?? No wonder he's so darn tired all the time!)
Anyhoodle, while Brady colored with chalk, Kendall rode her bike, and Tanner helped move the "weeds" with his dumptrucks, I pulled. I started at 10 AM while it was still fairly cool outside (and it was overcast, so that was nice), and I worked until everyone was hungry. Then it started raining, so we played in the rain (which was also my lazy way of cleaning everyone off!) before heading in for the quickest lunch ever.
When Brady hit the hay I headed back outside. Thank goodness Mom was home and came out to help ... we were plugging along, feeling pretty proud of ourselves when Tim got home around 3:30 and decided to help. (I was hoping to surprise him with all the work I did while he was working -- I hate it when he thinks I don't do anything all day long!) He was supposed to work late, but I'm so thankful that he didn't. He started yanking and, naturally, he covered more ground in 30 minutes than Mom and I did all day long.
Figures.
But no matter. We got the "weeds" cleaned out, so at least now Mom and I can see each other across the lot between us. And we don't lose our dogs in there anymore. It was ridiculous before. And even though I'm super sore today and no one in the neighborhood has bothered to comment on how much better it looks, I'm glad we cleaned it up.
So here's another "Yay!" for Tony Horton -- Without you, you crazy psycho, I certainly couldn't have tamed the jungle next door!!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment