She is DEFINITELY my daughter!

| |

Most of you who know me well understand the small addiction I have to the Twilight series.  I read all the books within about 2 weeks, though I swore I would never do such a thing for a teeny-bopper series.  Nonetheless, I read them all and naturally fell in love the with the characters.  I was devastated when I finished the final book, wondering how I would ever find another series to hold my interest the way this one did (and the way Harry Potter did before).

Anyway, I wasn't as excited about the movies -- it has been my experience that the movies don't usually do books like these justice.  I mean, seriously, how can you put the angst and feeling on screen?  I'd much rather just keep the characters bottled up in my head.

But yesterday evening, while I was heating up dinner and watching Entertainment Tonight (LOVE IT!!), Kendall yells, "Mommy, that's Sharkboy!!"

I was wondering if she would make the connection between Jacob from Eclipse and Sharkboy from her much-loved The Adventures of Sharkboy and LavaGirl.

She is certainly my daughter -- she knew him right away!!  I told her, "You are right, Baby, that is Sharkboy!"  (Swoon ...)

But then she said, "But Mommy, he's all grown up?  When did he grow up?"

Oh, Honey ... you have no idea ... so now she has a crush on Sharkboy . . .  just like Mommy has a crush on Jacob ...

Yummmmmm ...

0 comments: