Today was Tanner's 4 year check up.
If you are a mom, you now what I'm saying. Enough said. And you also understand my blog title.
I went about the morning as if it was any other morning ...
"Mommy, do I have school today?"
"No, baby, it's just you and me today."
"Mommy, where are we going today?"
"Oh, I don't know, baby."
"Mommy, do you want to get McDonald's for lunch today?"
"Hmm, maybe, baby. That sounds pretty good."
"We'll see, Mommy?"
"Yep, we'll see."
I proceeded as planned. I took my shower and got Tanner dressed as if nothing was going on. Then we headed to the doctor's office, as if it was our usual outing. He figured it out fairly quickly. Then I had to explain why Sissy wasn't with us for the doctor visit. And I had to explain why we were going to the doctor when Tanner isn't sick. Anyway, we got there, we waited 30 minutes (as expected) and then proceeded to the dreaded room. Thank God we got an awesome nurse who was loving and sweet. I hate it when we get crappy nurses who seem to think they shouldn't interact with the kids at all. Like they are an inconvenience. But Aubrey was wonderful.
She weighed Tanner (who is still in the 95th percentile and only 3 pounds more than his 6 year-old sister) and took his temperature (under his tongue for the first time ...). Then she took his blood pressure (he loved the cuff) and said we needed to check his hearing and eyes for his PreK form. He loved the hearing test (He got to wear an ear bud and thought he was listening to an iPod.) and the vision test was even more fun because he got to wear these cute little glasses with one eye covered. (I wish I had taken a picture!!) Anyway, I know this is a boring post because you aren't in my head to revisit the memory, but the whole reason for naming this post "Consider the Itch Scratched" is because the baby itch I've been feeling was officially scratched this morning.
When I was holding my son down while he had to endure the pain of 5 shots ... while I was looking into his sweet baby blue eyes that were begging me to make the pain stop ... I knew then that HE was the last baby I ever wanted. The last one I ever want to hold in my arms. And I never want to have to do this again ... we just crossed the final bridge of vaccinations ... and I am not doing that again!
1 comments:
Just one more! You will love it :)
Post a Comment