Kendall is going to be a cheerleader for Halloween. Yes, she's making my dream come true. Of course, as we strolled through the aisles of Halloweentown of Halloween for Less or Halloweenland (I don't remember what it's called), she kept pulling on the princess costumes -- "Mommy, I wanna be this." Most of the Disney costumes are too small for her now, and that makes me a little sad. So once she figured she couldn't be a princess, we started scouring for the perfect costume. We tried on Tinkerbell (Not technically a princess ...) and Alice in Wonderland (which I thought was pre-cious!). Then we tried on Daphne and some movie star thing. She loved the movie star costume, but it was way too long, and I wasn't much in the mood to do alterations. We passed down the aisle one last time (as her eyes and hands gravitated toward the big girl costumes that are way too "big" for her) and she spotted the cheer costume. I'm pretty sure it caught her eye simple because it was pink. And it had pom-poms. At least that's what I thought at first.
Now, after my conversation with the AP at her school, I'm thinking K may have chosen it because it shows her belly.
I'm afraid to admit it, but I think my daughter is growing up too quickly. More so than I originally thought. I mean, I can see that she is physically getting bigger ... her jeans are too short and her shoes get tighter more quickly. Her hair is getting longer and her big, squishy baby cheeks are now a thing of the past. And as hard as I try to fight it, she wants to grow up. And I'm afraid now that it may be happening faster than I thought!
According to the AP, I may have a streaker on my hands.
Yep, I should've just let K wear her underwear for Halloween, as it appears that she is showing them to her classmates anyway.
Allegedly.
I'm still waiting to get her side of the story, but according to the AP, a boy's mom sent in a note saying that K showed her "chest" and her panties to her son at school. On two separate days - one day of chest and one day of panties. Of course, when the AP asked K about it, she had no idea what she was talking about. (A lie? We'll see ...) and when she questioned the boy, he couldn't "give any specifics." Specifics? Like what? When it happened? Where? How?
I'm seriously having a hard time with this one.
I know my daughter. And while she may have a slight fascination with the boobies in my family (mine, her grandmothers', her aunts' ...), she hasn't been exposed to anyone else's. It's not like we have Playboy magazines lying around the house. As for the panties, I'm not so sure. K is super modest -- she hasn't let me come in the bathroom with her while she pees since she was 3. So I just can't see this happening.
Anyway, that's what the call was about. I spent all day thinking that I may be getting a job offer out of this ...
Geesh.
1 comments:
Keisha,
As an elementary school counselor, I saw this a lot! Boys and girls... "show me yours and I'll show you mine" stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Wait a few more years when they start masturbating in class!!!!! :-)
Post a Comment