Back in the Saddle

| |

That was so fun!!

I subbed for the first time today at Tanner's school.

I know, right?  Totally out of my element.  I man, I'm used to 11 year old's and pimples and hormones and drama ...

But instead I was surrounded (well, not really, there were only 7 of them) by little 4 year old's.  And they were so sweet and cute.  We did handwriting (the letter of the week is O) and played.  We went outside and read books.  We danced to music.  A few of them even tried to share their lunches with me (I ran out this morning without food, completely unprepared for work ...) at lunch time.  I worried what Tanner would think if he saw me, so we made a game out of sneaking past Tanner's door when we had to go down the hallway.  Of course, I don't know why I worried about it -- Tanner saw me during carpool and he was fine.  he even stayed in his place by the wall with his class -- I figured he'd pitch a fit and try to come down to my classroom.

Anyway, it felt good to be back among the living, even if I was still surrounded by little people!  And when I left, Ms. Sheila asked if I would be on call in case they need me tomorrow.

Who knows -- maybe this will be the start of something new ... a new way for me to bring in some income ...

0 comments: