Worn In, Worn Down, and Worn Out

| |

Completely worn out.

The only way I know to describe how I feel right now.

Blessed ... but completely worn out.

Fall is a trying time for the SAHM species.  School is in session, and fall festivities are taking over all aspects of life.  This is especially true in the Morris house.  It seems that, since I stopped watching Brady, my weeks have been jam packed!  I've had pretty steady freelance work coming in every week, and that takes up a chunk of my mornings while Tanner is at school.  Wednesday is still my full-time-Mommy day, with my mornings at Kendall's school making copies and having lunch, and my afternoons reading to Tanner's class.  But the last two weeks I've been at one or the other EVERY DAY, taking care of Halloween festivities or fundraiser stuff.  It's been crazy!  And I'm pretty sure there have been a few instances when Tim was thinking, "What in the world has happened to this house?"  It's like a bomb went off, and there are now small mini-versions of our dog popping up under all the furniture.  (Picture white fur flying when the doors open ...)

This week has finally calmed down a bit with Halloween being over.  We had our first fun year trick or treating with a little cheerleader and a very scary Venom (with the cutest little tush ever).  I'll be honest and say that it brought a little tear to my eye to see my daughter carrying a set of pom-poms, even if they weren't "real."  I have wanted her to get into cheerleading, but she still wants to continue with dance.  I'm hoping that with the choice of the cheer uniform over the other obvious options (princess, movie star, etc.) will come a request to sign up for cheerleading next season.  She looked like a little pro with her uniform, pigtails, and pom-poms. :)

Now, here I am, unable to keep my hands out of the Halloween buckets, thinking I desperately need to start working out again.  Tim and I were going to start a "diet" again this week, but then the chocolate and laffy taffy moved in, and I noticed that the yummy fall seasonal-flavored beer is back in the stores ... so I'm thinking, "What's the point?"

And just as I start to think I'm just going to settle into my fat little chocolate coma accompanied by a fire built by my hubby, and hibernate through the rest of the season, I get Tanner's calendar for school for the month of November.  Let me preface this by saying that November is pretty full already, and it's only the 3rd!  And I had already arranged to go on Kendall's fall field trip to Cagle's Dairy on the 16th.  Then I got Tanner's schedule, and his Thanksgiving Feast and program are the same day.

Seriously?!

I thought I had at least a few years before school functions started overlapping!

So here I am now, trying to get a refund for my portion of the tickets to Cagle's.  I still really want to go with her, but this is a one-time thing with Tanner.  And it's his first real "school" program.  I think Kendall has a field trip in the spring, and I should be able to go to that one.  I guess I'm just thinking that I may not be able to attend anything for Tanner in "real "school (if I get a J-O-B next year), so I should be there for as much as I can this year.

But darn it if that Mommy guilt didn't creep back in ...

0 comments: