Snowpocalypse ... Snowcation ... blah, blah, blah ...

| |

We are looking at Snow Day #5 tomorrow in Cherokee County.

This is serious business, people.  I thought that I was completely prepared for this event.  I went grocery shopping before the snow began, loading up on milk, eggs, and bread.

Oh, and peanut butter.  Because this house can't function without peanut butter.

What I should've been looking for on the store shelves was something completely different.

"Excuse me, sir, but where can I find sanity?  What about patience?"

That's right, people.  This momma has LOST IT!!

I know, I know -- But, Keisha (you say), you are a stay at home mom.  Aren't you used to being at home with your kids?  Don't you have multiple backup plans for art projects and fun things to do so that your children can nurture their creative minds?  I mean, you, especially, (you say) should have lots of fun ideas.  You were a teacher, after all.

What -- ever.

We are completely bored out of our minds.

At least I am.

Then why (you ask) are you just now getting around to blogging?  I mean, if you've had all this free time, you should've been uploading pictures and blogging away about your Christmas vacation (which also involved snow) and the fun times you guys have had.

True, I should've had time to do all that blogging.

Instead I have been spending the last two days (because the first 2 weren't that bad) breaking up fights and attempting to provide entertainment.

OK, let me be honest , today I've done nothing but sit in the recliner and catch up on Days.  But I truly, honestly, needed that.  I sent the kids upstairs with the instructions, "Don't break anything or play in the cat box."  That's all the direction I gave them.  And they were fine.

For 30 minutes.

Then I was interrupted with, "Mom ... mom ... mom ..."

What is this constant need to say my name?  Seriously, they can be standing right next to me with my eyes glued to theirs and they still have to call my name before telling me something.

Just say in, darn it.

Anyway, as I'm watching Days and Facebooking (yes, it's a verb now), I feel so bad.  All these other moms are so excited that their kids will be home another day.  All I keep reading is how awesome it is that they get to sleep in and have all this family time.

How much family time do you people need?  Tim was home with us until yesterday, and we are familied out.  I can sense that the kids are getting just as tired of me as they are of each other -- all they want to do is go play outside.  The ice has cleared from the road, but it is still so cold outside.  They have played with every toy in our house.  We have played board games.  We have done puzzles.  We have organized drawers.  We have watched movies.  We have made cookies.  Heck, they even worked out with me yesterday.

I just want to get back to normal.  I want to go to the grocery store.  I want to get up early and rush around and almost be late for school.  I want to sit in the carpool lines.  I want the snow to go away.

And never come back.

However, so as not to appear as an insensitive, unloving, negative-Ninny, here are some pictures from our fun in the snow earlier this week.

Kendall, Andee, and Tim


Gabby, Max, and Tanner


My precious family, walking home after the neighborhood fun


All kidding aside, I'm really glad my kids were able to experience this kind of snow.  We've had a lot of fun sledding and making snow balls ... but I think we're all really ready for it to be over.  I can handle the cold for a little while longer -- I did get new boots for Christmas, after all -- but we are not prepared for this kind of weather.  Apparently, neither is our state.  And the being locked inside is what's really hurting us.  I'd be willing to pay $20 a head to get into the Bounce House right now if I could just get there!  I have resorted to letting the kids play dress up in the grown-up clothes in my bedroom just for entertainment.  The trash is taking over my house (because the trash can't run in the snow, I guess) and the kids have also begun trying to squeeze into the doll clothes for lack of better things to do.  I even caught Tanner in a pull up yesterday!

But, silver lining!, there haven't been any physical attacks on either kid or me (yet -- we still have one more day) and there hasn't been any thumb sucking.  However, I picked a heck of a time to give up alcohol during the week!

0 comments: