Don't Hate Me Because I'm Frugal

| |

I'm the worst friend ever.

I sit around my house, scanning the news feed on Facebook and think about how much fun everyone is having with their kids this week off from school.  All the pictures from the Chattanooga Aquarium and the circus ...

And then I remember that, before the break, I had told several of my mommy-friends to "call me" or "shoot me a text" when they got together and did things or if they wanted to have a play date.

Now here it is, Wednesday of the break, and one of my best mommy-friends called me to go to DAC Kids in Acworth.  Several moms were heading that way at noon, and there would be BOYS for Tanner to play with (which we almost never have).  As I pondered over getting in the shower after I finished the round of cleaning I had started ... and then considered tearing my kids away from the movie they are watching ... again ... and then it takes 30 minutes to get there ... and we'd have to eat something before we go ... and I need to be back home at 3 to work out (It's a commitment that I have to keep!) ...

Well, the kids would only have about 1.5 hours to play.  That's $20 (if you factor in gas) for 1.5 hours of play.  And then I'd have to fight with them to get home.  Not sure that's worth the mopey or the effort.

Yes, I know.  Excuses.  Excuses.  Excuses.

Most of my friends are used to my excuses.  But this time I feel they are valid.  I do plan to take the kids to a new place some time this week (as a reward for letting Mommy get all the things on the to-do list finished without killing each other), and I am not prepared to spend the money on two outings.

Let's face it -- I'm a cheapskate.

Yes, I own it.

After watching what I was spending for so long, I've just gotten used to the fact that I don't like to spend money anymore.

Also, I'm lazy about many other aspects in my life.

If the kids are getting along, I don't want to separate them.  If they are happy and content in their pajamas, God forbid I tear them away and pick a fight about what to wear to go out in public.  And all of this is just icing on the cake that I rather enjoy not getting dressed on my week off. ;0)

So I gracefully bowed out of the DAC Kids outing this morning.  And Tracy respectfully tried to guilt me into going.  And let me tell you, Tracy is a great guilt-tripper!  I just hope all of my mommy-friends don't stop inviting me out.  If we were playing in the back yard or having a play date at someone's house, I'd be all over it ... possibly ... probably ... maybe ...

But then I do still have some cleaning to do today ...

1 comments:

Anne said...

I am glad you are blogging again! You always make me smile Miss you!!!