I have to post this before I forget how amazingly cute it was.
Let me set the scene:
Dim lights, fan set on medium, sound machine on, Tanner and Mommy in the rocking chair with
sippy up, "
lully" (lovey), and book. We couldn't find the Digger truck book, so we settled for one of Kendall's favorites as a toddler, Good Morning, Good Night. It's one of those books that has the touchy-
feely pages. All kids love the touchy-
feely books.
So we proceed to read.
"There's the kitty. Say night night, Kitty"
"What's that?"
"That's a ball of yarn for the kitty to play with."
"Why?"
"Because, baby."
"OK, Mommy."
-- turn the page--
"There's the puppy. Say night night, puppy."
"What's that?"
"That's the puppy's bone."
"Why?"
"I don't know, it just is."
--turn the page--
"There's the
chicky. Say night night
chicky."
"What's that?"
"That's her feathers."
"Why, Mommy?"
"So she can fly."
"Oh. Why?"
We proceeded through this book two times, following the pattern both times.
I love this phase. The "
why's" don't bother me too much because I know pretty soon he'll start telling me instead of asking me. I especially love the way he takes all of my explanations as if they are the truth ... he never questions my answers, always trusting that I know everything. I hope that I can continue to satisfy his curiosity as he grows into a little boy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment