Scratches and tattoos

| |

So I'm going to give this a go. If Heather can keep up with her blog with a new born and 2-year-old, then I can do it too! Lord knows I have so much to share!!! Well, it seems like a lot in my very confusing head ... if not interesting to you as a reader, perhaps it will put a smile on your face!

So yesterday was supposed to be a fun day for the kids and myself. We had a play date scheduled with Meg Dahlby, who Tanner loves! Of course, we wake up and tanner has a sniffle. Nothing too serious, so we decided to venture out of the house with the intention of sticking to our plans. We arrived at Meg's house and played our hearts out, ate Goldfish, held the new baby, chased balloons, had a tea party ... all the fun things playdates are made of! (Not to mention Mommy got some much-needed adult interaction with a friend who really understands what life is like around here!) Around noon we headed home so Tanner could take a nap; he was looking pretty rough by then! SO onward to Nana's house ...


You see, I'm one of the lucky women who DOES get a break from the kids to do grocery shopping and things of that sort on Mondays. My mom only works 4 days a week and watched the kids for a few hours on Mondays so I can get these things done a little more quickly and efficiently. So I get to Mom's and put Tanner down in his crib, ensuring her that he will sleep until I get back from the store. Imagine my surprise when she calls me 45 minutes later and says that he's already awake! Argh!!



I wouldn't normally care except I knew Tim wouldn't be home last night, and I would be 100% in charge of feeding, bathing, and bedding the children. Some of you are already feeling sorry for me, aren't you?? Needless to say, around 4:30 the action started. The kiddos were playing fine ... they are usually pretty good about playing in Kendall's room or the play room upstairs. Of course, Tanner has started wanting to play "Hide and seek" in Kendall's covers. This was the game of the day yesterday.

Apparently, Tanner smacked Kendall in the face while they were playing. When he didn't stop IMMEDIATELY and say he was "Sowwy, Sissy," she hauled off and scratched him. I was in Tanner's room emptying the diaper genie (which takes a little under 3 hours, it seems) whine I hear this very strange scream ... well, more of a screaming moan ... almost like a siren?!? I walk in Kendall's room to find Tanner GUSHING BLOOD from his face. That's right, I'm not exaggerating at all. The 2 scratches started right above his eyebrow and continued down the side of his face to his sweet little cheek!!!

LIVID!! I don't think I've ever been so upset with Kendall. And she could see it in my face. Did I scream at her? No. Did I spank her butt? No. You know what I did?????
What all mommies do when their babies are in pain ... I CRIED!!!!!!!!!!!


For 10 minutes. Tanner and I sat in the bathroom and cried together while Kendall cried in her bedroom. I guess we all needed to let off some steam. So after 10 minutes we had a big band-aid on Tanner's boo-boo and he had only lost about a pint of blood. And I'm filling out an application for Supernanny today.


Really. I am.

And where was Tim during all of this? Getting his tattoo finished. it was rewarding to know that he was in PAIN too when he wasn't here!!




Let's hope for a better day today!

0 comments: