Free, at last ...

| |






So I just returned from dropping off the kids for my 4 days without them. I think Tanner understood that he wasn't going to see me for a few days because he started crying at about 4:00 last night and didn't stop until he wore himself out at 2 AM this morning. This is the first time he's been away form me for more than one night. I miss him so much already!! He did OK when I dropped him off; I just kept telling him that he was going to see Zaazoo and Red Bird (my in-law's birds). That excites him, so hopefully he'll be distracted for a little while!!



Where are Tim and I headed? To lovely Chattanooga, Tennessee!! Yes, I know, you're thinking, "Oooo, that just sounds SOOOOOO romantic." Well, it took us a long time to decide that this is where we wanted to go. We were thinking the beach, but the beach in late July would be a nightmare! We had to go somewhere, alone, as husband and wife, not mommy and daddy. Chattanooga has lots to do and it's not too far form home. So we're excited about it.




The top 5 reasons to be excited about this trip?

5) I can be called by my pet names again, not "Mommy."
4) I get to sleep in a bed with my husband all night long!
3) I can sleep past 7 AM.
2) We can get out the door in less that 1 hour because we don't have to wait for Kendall to go potty ... no, I don't need to ... wait, Mommy, yes I do ... I'm trying to get it out ... don't leave me ...




And the number one reason?




1) 4 days of meals where I don't have to pour drinks in sippy cups or cut someone else's food!



So what will Tim and I do? What will we talk about in the car? Will we have anything to talk about at all? It's will seem very strange without the kids, since they have been the center of our world for 4 years now. However, I think this will be a good time for us to reconnect. Let's hope so! If not, at least I'll be well-rested when we get back, and thin of how happy the kids will be to see me!! Maybe Kendall will even like me again for a little while! ;)

0 comments: