You know the old cliche "Bad things always happen in 3's"? Well, I PRAY that my 3 are up! Let's see if we can count them down --
1) Drop cell phone, pee, and flush. Ewww!
2) Leave wedding rings on table in hotel. Stolen. (Insert expletive here.)
3) Exit garage. Drag part of garage down side of Tahoe. (Bigger expletive needed here.)
Yes, it's official. It's been speculated for a few years now that I am, to quote, a "no-drivin' ass." Now I have proven Tim to be correct. (I hate it when he's right.)
As many of you know (if you have ever been on the cell phone with me while I am driving), I spend 90% of my time accommodating Kendall and Tanner's wishes while driving.
"Mommy, I want to watch TV."
"Mommy, I can't hear."
"Mommy, roll my window down."
"Mommy, I want that."
You notice all of these demands require that I take my focus away from driving. So, Saturday morning, Mom and I had planned to hit Marsella's, a local high-end fashion on a low-budget store. Tim was sleeping in (he has worked so much lately), so I piled the kids in the car to try to get our trip done before he woke up. As I started to pull out of the garage, the demands started.
"Mommy, I don't want to buckle." "Mommy, I want my drink."
Then BANG.
"Mommy, what was that?!"
"Oh, I don't know. I think we just hit something in the garage."
Uh, yeah. We hit the garage!! That's right, just dragged the paint off the garage and dug a hole in the side of the Tahoe. The Tahoe that we are currently trying to sell. Argh.
So when I got out of the car at Mom's house, I pushed the kids inside before surveying the damage. Then I screamed. Really just screamed.
After getting back in the house, I sat down on the couch and had a nervous breakdown. I'm sure some of you won't understand this, but for the past few months I have felt weird ...out of sorts. I constantly feel like my head is in the clouds or I am walking through a dream. I start to do things and then get side-tracked and forget to finish them. I leave stuff all over the house. I sit things down and forget where I out them. And I do STUPID things. For example, leaving my cell phone in my pocket while trying to go to the bathroom. OF COURSE the phone is going to fall in the toilet! And leaving my wedding rings on the table in a hotel room. OF COURSE the housekeeper is going take it! I mean, duhhh! And now I have hit the side of the garage. Again (yes I've done this once before.)
This wouldn't bother me except that I am really a smart person. I graduated magna cum laude, for goodness sake!!
So as I had my breakdown in my mom's living room, she led the kids into the bathroom. I just couldn't stop crying. All I could think was that Tim was going to be so mad at me, and he'd yell at me, and I'd feel like a kid being scolded by my dad. I just feel like I've been on guard for so many months; I guess I just finally cracked. Anxiety took over. So once I stopped sobbing and berating myself, Tanner came in and crawled up in my lap. Kendall came to see why I was crying, and I realized that it's just a car. Worse thing can always happen. (Though I was still worried about how Tim would react.)
Mom and I went shopping, and we came back just as Tim woke up. While sitting on the couch with the kids, I whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear me, "I hit the garage." Hence the "No driving ass" comment. And that was that. He didn't yell. He didn't' really get "mad," per se. He was upset, but that was it. He was quiet for most of the day. And then by aquarium time, he was better. We still haven't talked about it, which is just FINE with me. I'd rather forget it happened!

Now I feel somewhat rejuvenated. I'm not sure why I feel this way ... so out of it. I'm hoping that it is hormonal and will pass soon. We'll see. But for now, I'll just keep my mantra going. I learned this one from Heather ...
"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
Have a great day!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment