It's check up day for the Morris babies

| |

Ugh. I hate these days. I know kids have to go to the doctor. I know they have to have check ups to make sure everything is working correctly. And I know they have to get shots.

So, here's my question: Why do shots hurt me more than them?????

The morning started off pretty well. Kendall and I got up earlier than normal just to make sure her slow breakfast didn't make us late. (She always eats slower when we have somewhere to be.) We made coffee, took our vitamins, got Tanner up, ate our Kashi bars, got dressed, packed Tanner's Digger book and Kendall's Leapster. We were out the door by 8:40 (amazing!!). We made it to the doctor's office, where our appointment was at 9 AM. Apparently, it was also 5 other families' appointment times as well.

Tell me this -- why do some families feel like mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa have to come to the doctor's appointments? Along with the 4 kids in the family? Our doctor doesn't have a very big waiting room, so I made Tanner sit in my lap and Kendall stood next to me while we waited -- for 40 minutes. And I hate waiting!! But the kids were really well behaved with the expectation of a sticker in their heads.

Once we were called back, everyone was checked. I filled out papers. The kids hopped on one foot and answered questions for the doctor. Tanner even had his toe pricked without a tear. He was more excited about the band-aid than anything! Then, the doctor let a word slip -- "Shots."

Uh oh. Tanner needed one, and Miss Kendall needed four. Aye yi yi. So I prepped them. We pulled loveys out of the bag, we went potty, and we tried all forms of distraction. The nurse seemed to take FOREVER coming back with the syringes. Once back, Tanner climbed up and took his shot like a champ. He didn't even blink! So I think Kendall thought it wasn't going to hurt. But it did -- she was crying before the needles even went in. Of course, I had to hold her down, and I really don't like that at all. So I'm holding her arms down, looking into her little brown eyes, swimming with tears. What loving mommy wouldn't sympathize? Naturally, I started bawling right along with her!!!

A few minutes later, with red eyes, we all left our room, with band-aids to show battle wounds. Yes, even Tanner was crying once Kendall started. It's so sweet how he cries when she does! They are both fine now, and luckily no more shots for at least another year!!

FYI -- Tanner, my baby boy, now weighs in at a whopping 32 lbs. and is 36 inches tall. My sweet angel Kendall weighs 40 lbs. and is 42 inches tall. I can't believe they were 9 lbs. and 7 lbs. when they were born. (sigh ...)

And I got my new cell phone finally ... and it is insured this time!

0 comments: