What a fantastic weekend we had here at our home! First, as you know, I received the good news about my rings (well, police report for my rings) on Friday. Then Saturday was the glorious second birthday party for my little monster. And what a beautiful day it w
as! We welcomed family for lunch, some of Tim's famous butt. If you haven't had it, you need to. So we ate lunch and opened some presents. Naturally, Tanner stocked up on all things boy -- a toolbench, a tricycle, tons of tools, cars and trucks, and a rug to roll them around on. He was in HOG HEAVEN. Kendall had a hard time understanding why I wouldn't let her open the presents, but she was a pretty good sport about the whole thing. Of course, for the past 24 hours now all I've heard is, "Tanner, do you want your lovey? H
ere. Now I can have your ____ (fill in the blank)." That statement is always followed by one of 3 things: screaming, crying, or foot stomping.
Yes, this is a new 2-year-old thing, I think. The stomping. The first few times it was was really cute, but not so much now. Anyway, after opening his presents he went down for a nap, and then we had the rest of the day as a family. Lunch birthday parties are the way to do it!! So Saturday afternoon, Tim and Tanner worked on the pocket rocket (it was leaking gas fumes). Kendall and I worked on scrapbook. Lots of fun! The kids retired early with visions of the baseball park dancing in their heads.
That night I was exhausted. Kendall hasn't been letting me sleep much -- just as I fall asleep, she slides her foot up next to my leg or she throws her baby doll at me and it hits me in the head. All while sleeping. So ... without much sleep for the last week and a successful birthday party completed, my energy reserves were depleted. Tim and I settled into our bed just as Kendall came toddling in the room. Here we go again ...
But Sunday morning we all woke and dressed for the Braves game. That's right, people
, Kendall and Tanner have now officially endured their first baseball game. And it was in 97 degree heat!!! At one o'clock in the afternoon! Amazingly, they did very well. Probably better than their mommy. It was so hot ... we stripped Tanner's shirt off, slapped on the sunscreen, poured bottles of water everywhere, and moved into the shade every time the sun moved. The kids were sooooo good -- Kendall never complained, not even when her Crocs gave her blisters all over her feet. Tanner was happy, but very tired by 2 PM. So at 2:30, he finally crashed in my lap. Though twitching and snoring, he slept through a ton of tomahawk chopping and whistling. After
the game, Tim carried Tanner and I carried Kendall a mile back to our car. (And you all wonder where I get these guns from?!!!) I think that is an example of mind over matter ... Kendall is almost as big as me, so I'm sure we looked really funny walked down the road. But we made it.
It was a fun family day.
And we all slept like logs last night. Well, until Kendall came toddling in the bedroom ...
See what all you new mommies have to look forward to?!! ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment