I expected to see a few little kids running around in costumes; but the sight was amazing! Carnival games all over the front lawn. Bouncers. Bobbing for apples. Duck pond. Goodies and goody bags. Cupcakes. Candy corn ... you're smiling because you understand my obsession now. ;) And every costume you can imagine.
Naturally there were the princesses -- Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Aurora, and Snow White. There were super heroes -- Batman, Superman, Mr. Incredible. And the TV and Movie characters -- Hannah Montana, the High School Musical crew (I don't know all their names), and even 2 little Indiana Jones-es, fully equipped with whips and hats.
There were more kids than I expected -- and it certainly caught my two off guard. Kendall and Tanner stuck to me like glue the entire time we were there, which wasn't too long. We played a few games -- tossed the beanbags, caught some ducks in the duck pond. We tried to play in the back yard, but there were a lot of bigger kids running around. Kendall did get one chance on the swings to show off her new pumping skills. And Tanner got a chance to climb up the ladder on the swingset and slide a few times. All in all, it was a good time, but I never would have taken on that task by myself like Melissa did! Of course, she appeared to be taking it all in stride. I never saw her running ragged ... like I do at every party I'm in charge of. She just sorta goes with the flow -- she must have better pills than I do! ;)
Anyhow, the best parts of the party ...
5) There was a little boy who was stalking the cupcake table. He would pick one up, bite it, and put it back. Then he'd pick up another one and continue the same process until he had gone through about 10 cupcakes. I should have stopped him, but it was so darn funny to watch!!
4) There was a little girl who was obsessed with Kendall. When we arrived, she ran up and threw her arms around Kendall, screaming, "No Why!!!!!" (Translation: Snow White) She followed Kendall around the entire time ... her mom said that they had just gotten back from Disney and she loved Snow White. It was precious to see the adoration in this little girl's eyes!
3) I was certainly proud of Kendall pumping those little legs on the swings ... Hailey kept asking me if I would push her on the swings. She said, "Ms. Keisha, you can push me and Kendall at the same time." Kendall told her, "No, Hailey, I can do it myself!"
2) There was another little Batman at he party. He was nowhere near as cute as my little Batman, but still precious. Tanner would run up to him every time he saw him and "punch" him in the stomach. His costume had those little muscles in it, and Tanner got the biggest kick out of hitting that little boy in his "muscles." Very amusing.
If only they knew the truth ...
1 comments:
Okay, so my party on Wednesday will pale in comparison . . . but at least Tanner gets to wear his costume again! I can't wait to see your little Batman!
(BTW -- how did that mom have TIME to do all that?! I'm impressed! And jealous. It's all I can do to order pizza and put together one, small activity. Like you said . . . better pills, right?!)
Post a Comment