Yep, it finally happened. My best friend used to tell me stories about how her daughter would do this every time they put her in the bathtub. I suppose the heat "relaxes" everything on the inside. But Kendall never did it. Not in 4 years. And Tanner didn't do it ...
Until last night. I tried to get him to sit on his potty before he got in the bathtub, just like always. He refused to sit on it, even though his diaper from the past hours was bone dry. I should have taken that as a hint that there was something going on in there. So I put Tanner in the tub and he squatted. Naturally, he peed in the tub (while that may sound icky to some of you, there's really no way to avoid it). I walked out of the bathroom to put dirty clothes in hampers when Kendall yelled, "Mommy, how did poop get in the bathtub? Is that poop?! Mommy!! Mommy!! It's coming!!!"
Ewww, ewwwww, and ewwwwwwww! When I got back in the bathroom, Tanner's poop was floating in the water. I had flashbacks from the
South Park episode with the floating poo ...
At first, I wasn't even sure what to do. So I just reacted. I pulled Kendall out first, wrapped her in a towel and sent her to tell Tim to start the water in our bathtub. Then I lifted Tanner out, all the while, he was saying, "Sowwy, Mommy." I wrapped him and sent him off to the other bathroom. I started to let the water drain when I realized that the "poo" wasn't going to wash down the drain.
Oh, dear. So what did I do? Desperate times call for desperate measures. I used the cup for rinsing shampoo to chase down the poo. It took several tries before I was able to catch all of it. I flushed it down the potty and
immediately sprayed down the tub and threw the contaminated toys in the laundry sink to be bleached. The rest of the night continued as planned.
But after I fell asleep last night, I had a dream about floating poo. Those of you who think this is disgusting, you are correct. But it is just one of those things that we do as mothers. Things that we would
never do for anyone else, and sometimes not even for ourselves (ie. cleaning up vomit, pee, blood, or poo), we do for our children. Because we have to. And if we don't do it, no one will.
Just another one of the "perks" of being a mom.
1 comments:
MMMMM . . . yes. Poop. My story? Meg and I were going to take a big bubble bath together in my jetted tub one evening last spring (pre-panties), and just as I was getting in, I saw her hovering in the bathroom doorway . . . and then PLOP! I saw something drop from behind her . . . and quickly realized she had pooped right there on the floor! On the carpeted bathroom floor, that is. YUCK.
I love motherhood!
(The sad part: she cried . . . I think it even scared her a little!)
Post a Comment