Pregnant Brain Strikes Again

| |

No, I'm not pregnant. Settle down. But I am convinced that my brain has yet to return to its natural size. When I was pregnant with both of my kids I swear I lost brain cells. (Apparently, it's been proven that some of your grey matter goes to the baby in the form of fat, so you really do get dumber.) Anyway, several weeks ago I blogged about losing my mind? Well, this morning confirmed all of my previous assumptions -- my grey matter never grew back.

First, I set my alarm last night to make sure we were up earlier this morning. We've been rushing around in the mornings trying to get Kendall ready for school, and Tanner and I had a fun playdate planned at Meg's house. So I set the alarm for 7:45. At 8:05, I looked at the clock, trying to figure out why it hadn't gone off. Well, it was going off, but the volume was turned down. So ... we got Kendall dressed in her Halloween shirt with ghosts on it (so cute), grabbed juice boxes and granola bars and headed to the car.
We arrived at Kendall's school and I immediately noticed there were children getting out of the cars in their costumes. Strange ... the parade and party (that I'm in charge of) isn't until tomorrow. The teacher gets Kendall out of the car and I ask, "The parade is tomorrow, right?"
Nope. It's today. And not only today but in 2 1/2 hours.


So poor Kendall has to go to class in her regular clothes while all the other kids have on costumes. And I have food to cook, a shower to take, and two bodies to dress. And somewhere in there I have to call Heather and tell her that we won't be making it to her house, which is a bummer in itself.

So Tanner and I rush home, I bribe him with a Tootsie Pop (yes, at 9 AM) in order to get the food started. Rice Krispie treats have to be first because they have to cool in the fridge. Then I had to make the trick-or-treat pizzas, which I had not tried before, so I actually had no idea if they would really turn out or not. I had to gather up all the pieces of Kendall's costume and throw them in a bag. I called Heather while melting marshmallows to apologize for missing Meg's costume party. Oops, I forgot to feed the dog, so I had to do that too.

But do not fear. Somehow, Tanner and I made it out the door, showered and dressed, with BINGO games, art supplies for spiders and webs, goody boxes, pizzas, and pumpkin-shaped Rice Krispie treats by 11:05. I still can't believe we pulled it off!! We rushed to the school to get Kendall dressed as Snow White, and then everything finally slowed down.

Craziness aside, the party was a success and Kendall looked gorgeous as Snow White. Her classmates seemed to enjoy their food, and their art projects turned out super cute!


Now I have to attempt to clean up.

Because the house is a disaster. I didn't clean as I went this morning ... and Tanner made a huge mess while I was cooking ... but right now I'm tying to catch my breath ... then I'll clean. And eat a Rice Krispie treat. :)

1 comments:

Keri said...

I'm not sure if that's a pregnancy-killed brain cell or more the most plausible brain cell death by osmosis relate to the Payne/Morris family brain issues (case in point... Mom, PaPa, and of course Tim)