
In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, I thought this one was pretty darn funny. Do you remember the days of sitting at the kids' table? Our was always in Grandma Dean's cigarette-stained kitchen. We had a small TV (with rabbit ears) that we could try to watch while we were eating, but dinner always turned into the boys throwing food or playing around. As I was the only girl, naturally, I was perfect. Then I remember the first time I felt old enough to sit at the grown-up table. How boring was that? These grown-ups didn't have fun conversations like the kids did. They were so quiet and careful -- no one laughed or giggled. They were always talking about something serious ... no fun at all. So I only sat at the big table for one year. Then my cousin Jason and I returned to the kids' table in the kitchen. Definitely a better place to be!
0 comments:
Post a Comment