While many people are sitting at home complaining about the cold temperatures outside, I am loving this time of year. November always brings out a side of me that is usually pushed under the hustle and bustle of every day life. I find myself more relaxed right now ... more calm ... perhaps from listening to the crackle of the fire or from drinking hot chocolate. Regardless, I love November ... these weeks right before the Christmas craziness begins. This year, in particular, I find myself noticing more things about Fall that I love. I mentioned before the changing of the leaves and the gorgeous colors outside. Those of you who are not fortunate enough to live where the leaves change, you don't know what you are missing! But not just the leaves keep my giddy. Here's a list of the top 5 things I love about this time of year.
5) Tights - Silly, I know. But I love tights on Kendall. We make it a point to
go out and buy the craziest tights we can find every year. In the mornings, she picks out her tights first, and then we match her outfit to the tights. She has all the regular colors, which are reserved for dance class and the patterned dresses and skirts. But she really shows off her personality when she throws on her stripes or her pink camo. I am so blessed to have a little girl who is a prissy as I am!
go out and buy the craziest tights we can find every year. In the mornings, she picks out her tights first, and then we match her outfit to the tights. She has all the regular colors, which are reserved for dance class and the patterned dresses and skirts. But she really shows off her personality when she throws on her stripes or her pink camo. I am so blessed to have a little girl who is a prissy as I am!4) Feet PJs - When Kendall was a baby, I loved dressing her in feet
jammies. They were always so soft, and she still felt like a "baby" when she was bundled up. I feel the same way about Tanner now ... I'm hanging onto this one piece of "baby" I have left. I even went out and found big girl feet jammies for Kendall, even though she doesn't get to sleep in them that often (they are pretty warm). But it is fun to watch them snuggle up together in a chair early in the morning, nestled inside their warm PJs, hanging onto those lovies. How much sweeter can you get?
jammies. They were always so soft, and she still felt like a "baby" when she was bundled up. I feel the same way about Tanner now ... I'm hanging onto this one piece of "baby" I have left. I even went out and found big girl feet jammies for Kendall, even though she doesn't get to sleep in them that often (they are pretty warm). But it is fun to watch them snuggle up together in a chair early in the morning, nestled inside their warm PJs, hanging onto those lovies. How much sweeter can you get?3) Silly Thanksgiving pictures - The perk of having a child in preschool is
that I get to attend all these fun singing and dancing functions where the kids are dressed ridiculously. Kendall's class was a big group of turkeys this year for her Thanksgiving sing-along and feast. She took her job very seriously, wearing that beak with pride and shaking those tail feathers when required. She will, of course, look back at these pictures when she is older and say, "Mom, what were you thinking? How could you torture me that way?!" And I will remind her that she loved every second of it!!
that I get to attend all these fun singing and dancing functions where the kids are dressed ridiculously. Kendall's class was a big group of turkeys this year for her Thanksgiving sing-along and feast. She took her job very seriously, wearing that beak with pride and shaking those tail feathers when required. She will, of course, look back at these pictures when she is older and say, "Mom, what were you thinking? How could you torture me that way?!" And I will remind her that she loved every second of it!! 2) Monkey Munch - Yes, I'm talking about the chocolaty, peanut buttery,
sugary treat that Kate swears by on Jon & Kate Plus 8. I love making this with my little ones because it is simple and doesn't require a lot of steps or mess. The kids are able to help me melt, stir, mix, taste (mmmm, the best part), and shake. And the end result is so tasty that it rarely lasts long in the pantry. Which gives us more chances to keep making it!
sugary treat that Kate swears by on Jon & Kate Plus 8. I love making this with my little ones because it is simple and doesn't require a lot of steps or mess. The kids are able to help me melt, stir, mix, taste (mmmm, the best part), and shake. And the end result is so tasty that it rarely lasts long in the pantry. Which gives us more chances to keep making it!1) Jumping in the leaves - I had forgotten about doing this as a child. Of
course, Josh and I only had pine straw to jump in, but the effect was the same. Two days ago, the neighborhood girls came over and asked if they could make piles of leaves to jump in. My first reaction was, "No way, Kendall and Tanner will get nasty and dirty." But then I thought about how much fun it would be for them. We have been cooped up in this house for a while with all the colds, so I figured, "Why not?" So I snapped pictures while the 4 of them ran all over the yard collecting leaves and transferring them to one big pile. And once the pile was complete, the 4 of them jumped and bounced and threw leaves til they were exhausted. Yes, my babes had leaves and grass in their hair, but who cares? Those things can be cleaned. But memories like these are priceless and irreplaceable.
course, Josh and I only had pine straw to jump in, but the effect was the same. Two days ago, the neighborhood girls came over and asked if they could make piles of leaves to jump in. My first reaction was, "No way, Kendall and Tanner will get nasty and dirty." But then I thought about how much fun it would be for them. We have been cooped up in this house for a while with all the colds, so I figured, "Why not?" So I snapped pictures while the 4 of them ran all over the yard collecting leaves and transferring them to one big pile. And once the pile was complete, the 4 of them jumped and bounced and threw leaves til they were exhausted. Yes, my babes had leaves and grass in their hair, but who cares? Those things can be cleaned. But memories like these are priceless and irreplaceable.So there you go ... my reasons for loving Fall. While I probably will not enjoy this cold weather much longer, I'm going to revel in the fact that I can hide those few extra pounds behind sweaters and jeans, wear warm, woolly boots, and wipe Tanner's snot with my sleeve without anyone thinking I'm strange for it.
Happy Fall, ya'll!
0 comments:
Post a Comment