Easter Egg-stravaganza!

| |

A week later I suppose I need to post our Easter blog. We had so much going on this week that I never got around to sharing what a good time we had this year. Having an almost 5-year-old ad a 2 1/2-year-old makes Easter extra fun! The weeks leading up to Easter are always filled with Egg Hunts and parties ... unfortunately we had yucky weather for many days before Easter. But that didn't keep us from having loads of fun indoors!


Kendall's school egg hunt was held indoors due to rain. But we still had breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Tanner was astounded when he first saw that big bunny sitting in a chair. And every time the bunny had to "take a break," Tanner announced to everyone at our table that the bunny had to go potty.


We also attended the Holly Springs Easter Egg Hunt this year. Luckily, the weather was good for that day. It started off chilly but turned out rather warm in the afternoon. Because they separate the kids by age level, Kendall stayed with her friend Daniel to hunt with the big kids while Daniel's sister Zoe came with Tanner and me. The two little ones weren't so sure about this egg hunt thing ... Tanner picked up his first egg and said, "I done! Look at my igg, Mommy!" I had to show him that all the other kids had more than one egg before he would keep going. After the hunt, the kids had a chance to pet some animals; their favorite was the baby lamb. And the Easter Bunny arrived in a firetruck, so Tanner was really excited to sit in the truck and wear the gear.


Another gorgeous day brought us to Learning Express to pet some more animals. I was a little miffed when we got there because I was told there would be baby ducks and bunnies for the kids to hold. There were some there, but you had to pay to have professional pictures made with the little animals to hold them. But the kids still got to see some piglets, so we left content.


Finally, Easter Eve arrived. Before bed I told the kids to find their Easter baskets and sit them out for the bunny to fill. Naturally, we can't have anything without a mishap, so we had to look for Tanner's basket. It was nowhere to be found ... how does a little blue bunny disappear??? We looked high and low, in and out, right and left, here and there ... finally, after realizing that this bunny wasn't in the house anywhere, I asked Tanner if he threw it in his dirty clothes hamper. Guess what ...



So dirty blue bunny joined pink bunny on the table and the kids retired for the evening. I spent an hour stuffing eggs and putting all the goodies in their baskets, and they were very excited to find their full baskets in the morning. Of course, they wanted te eat everything right then ... restraint, please. (I was actually having a hard time restraining myself from those Reese's eggs!) The kids played with their new stuff while I cooked up some baked beans in the crock pot, and then we dressed in our Easter finest and headed to Powder Springs.


Easter day was gorgeous, and we had two more egg hunts at MeMaw and PePaw's house, along with two more Easter baskets stuffed with goodies and an Easter present from MeMe and PaPa. Everyone couldn't get enough pictures of Tanner's fauxhawk, and Kendall was my beautiful angel in her Easter dress. Hailey had to come along in her matching dress, of course! All in all, a wonderful Easter season. I even got a new family picture out of it!

0 comments: