Nine years ago I was running around frantically, waiting for the rain to stop. I was putting finishing touched on my makeup and hair. I was trying to keep people from taking pictures of me in my robe. I was trying to explain to my wedding coordinator that there was no "rain plan." I was looking at the dozen roses my fiance had sent over. I was admiring my choice in the Whitlock Inn -- what a gorgeous place to be married. I was looking out the window and watching as people arrived for the wedding I had been planning for 3 years. And I knew that it was going to be perfect.The wedding.
The honeymoon.
The life.
And I was right. The wedding was perfect. Though it rained the entire day (and hadn't in 2 months prior to the day), it stopped just long enough for the carriage to drive my ring bearer, my flower girl, my daddy and me to the aisle. My dad walked me down the aisle, we said our vows, my best girlfriends stood beside me, Tim's best guy friends stood with him, and we said, "I do."The honeymoon in Jamaica was equally as perfect. We stayed at the Sandals, ate and drank to our hearts' content. Shopped. Laid on the beaches. Loved every minute of it.
The life, while not always perfection, has been everything I could ask for. We have a strong marriage, two gorgeous kids, a smelly dog, and a beautiful house. I can only hope that we have 50 more years of perfection together.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! :)
Congrats! Happy Anniversary! You made me cry! I am so glad I was there to see the "I Do"... You two are great people. You are an inspiration.
Cheers!
Post a Comment