Weekend with Curious George

| |

Kendall had her first sleepover this weekend. She brought home a friend from school, a boy friend, she said. His name is George ... Curious George.



Yes, Kendall was chosen to bring home a stuffed animal in a backpack with a scrapbook this weekend. When I picked her up on Friday, she was SO proud, swaying back and forth with two backpacks on her back. At first I thought she had someone else's pack. Once she was in the truck, I figured out what she had, but she told me her teacher gave it to her.



"Wow, Mrs. Nations must really like Kendall if she bought her a stuffed animal," I thought to myself.



Then, upon emptying the backpack at home, I realized this is a "gift" in a different way. Kendall was told to take George everywhere she went, to take pictures, and then to journal their visit in the scrapbook before returning him to school on Monday morning.



So on Friday, we had some yummy popcorn for snack. George was introduced to Snickers. He rode on Kendall's back while she played outside and rode her bike. We played dress up with him. He ate dinner at Nana's house Friday night, and then he and Kendall had a slumber party in her bedroom.




Saturday morning we slept late (til 7:30!!) and made polka-dot pancakes for breakfast. When Tim went to work, we went back over to Nana's for an hour to visit with the great-aunts, and then came home to just rest during the day. We watched Peter Pan and cuddled ... all 4 of us ... Kendall, George, Tanner, and me. MeMaw and PePaw even stopped by for a surprise visit, and George got to meet them!




Sunday we took the entire family (including George in his backpack) to the 4-Wheel Parts Show. After driving through a tsunami, we arrived at the Galleria to see some really big tires on some really big trucks and Jeeps. While it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be (I thought they'd be able to sit in the trucks and such), it was free and it got us out of the house. So I thought it was fun. We ate at Jocks and Jills, hit the Depot on the way home, and then rested at the house. Kendall and I had to work on her "homework" and get George's account of our visit into his scrapbook, which was tough since we had a hard time translating his Monkey-Speak. ;0)


All in all, Kendall's first sleepover was a tremendous success. She slept better when George was here than she has in a long time. And we were really sad to see him go back to school on Monday morning. Hopefully, he will be able to come visit again soon.

0 comments: