
Tim and I sat in our keeping room, Sunday night, watching Kendall. Intently. As she worked really hard to complete her first paragraph.
She was writing a paragraph for her kindergarten teacher ... not as an assignment ... she just wanted to practice.
So as she sat on the coffee table and sounded out words she wasn't sure about, rereading every single sentence each time she moved on to a new one, tears filled my eyes yet again.
This is another milestone I don't think I was quite ready for. I helped her write her letter to Santa, writing it out for her and then she copying it. But this time, she wrote it all by herself. She came up with the sentences she would write, the topic she would cover. All I had to do was tell her when to put punctuation and how to spell a few words.
And before she could take it to Mrs. Nations, I was able to snap a picture with my phone so I could share it.
I'm so proud of my little girl. I am constantly amazed by how much she has changed in such a short time.
And now that her first paragraph is complete (with a few notations on the sides), I am hoping to have someone with whom I can share my love of writing and reading.
0 comments:
Post a Comment