She's Got Legs

| |

Legs for miles, I tell you!!

I find that, after looking back over the last few weeks, I haven't posted much about Kendall.  I guess because she's at school all day, I don't find myself having many stories to tell.  And once she's home, it's a mad dash through snack, homework, dinner, bath, and bed.  So there isn't much time for posting all the things she's been up to.

Namely, growing.

I mean seriously.  I think because I see her all the time, her growth is subtle.  Her face is slimming, the feet are getting bigger, and her hands are starting to look more like my hands.  She is an avid writer, compiling letters to her friends and stories in every spiral notebook in the house these days.  She has recently gone through a a growth spurt, which has resulted in needing new shoes and jeans, along with more groceries -- she seems to always be hungry.

But last week was the first week we've had some warmer days, and K couldn't wait to get out of those jeans and into a skirt.  I obliged since it was in the upper 60s, and we were going to be riding bikes and playing outside.  The boys and I headed out to get the chalk before K came.  And when she exited the garage, this is what I saw.

Legs.

Miles of legs.

Who is this young lady?  Where did she come from?  She obviously does not belong to me, with her long thin legs.  I still see bits and pieces of my baby in there ... in the eyes and the lips ... but that body is growing up way too quickly!!

All of a sudden I find myself wanting time to slow.  K will be six-years-old in 2 1/2 short months.  I just want time to stop for a little while ... I want her to be my little girl a little while longer.

1 comments:

Angela said...

girl, I totally relate to that! My Taylor just turned 10, and she is only 2 inches shorter than me, we wear the same shoe size and when I needed to take her shopping for longer shirts and bigger bra's guess where I took her.......the skinny side of my closet, and all those clothes, well they fit her well! Crazy! Hang on tight to the last 'little girl' phases left because the years only go faster and faster!!