Favorite Photo Friday

| |

Tanner -- April 2008

This picture is one of my favorites for so many reasons.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  Tanner sat down on that little potty, and when he stood up and I saw he had made a "deposit," I was ecstatic. 

I remember thinking, naively, "This is going to be so easy!!  If he's already using the potty now, he's surely going to be trained before he's 3!  These other people have no idea what they are talking about!"

Oh, me, oh, my.  

And now, here we are, April 2010, and we are finally POTTY-TRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!

While T may have some little "skids" every now and then, he's doing amazingly well.  I only put him in underwear about 2 weeks ago, and he has happily kicked the habit of Pullups.

I did exactly what all my smart Mommy friends suggested and just ditched the Pullups, hesitantly putting Tanner in underwear all the time.  Of course, it took me about 3 days to realize that I was going to have to put him in underwear at night as well (which meant literally throwing the Pullups in the trash -- how liberating!), but once we did that, it was fairly smooth sailing.  A little bribery here ... a few tears there ... but we are officially out of diapers.  

And I couldn't be more proud than I am of Tanner.  He's officially a big boy now, and he's quick to point that out.  He's still Mommy's Baby - but only for Mommy and in the privacy his own bedroom. :0)

And this Mommy now has one aisle at the grocery store that can be avoided forever more!  The baby aisle!

0 comments: