I think we may need a break from Spring Break!

| |


"Experts say that kids should be physically active for at least 60 minutes a day."


I received this on an email from Weight Watchers today.  And I have to admit, after this Spring Break, my kids should be stocked up for the year!  What an awesome Spring Break we have had here.  We decided on a stay-cation (of course, it wasn't much of a choice since we are being cheap frugal these days, and since I've been watching Big B, I need to be around.

But someone upstairs must LOVE me because we have been blessed with the most beautiful, most perfect weather any SAHM could possibly ask for this entire week.  After the cursed cold and rainy fall/winter, I couldn't be happier to see some sunshine.  So this is how our week has gone.

Saturday - Tim took Tanner to the dirt bike track to watch some buddies' kids ride and do fun trick sand stuff.  Complete boy day, for sure.  So Kendall and I decided to have a girl day, complete with an outdoor photo session in her ballet costume.  We painted toenails and fingernails and shopped with Nana and Aunt Karen.  It was a superb day.

Sunday - A blur.  Easter was sensational.  Perfect weather, perfect angels in perfect clothes, perfect dinner with our wonderful family.  Fun, fun, fun.

Monday - Play, play, play.  Brady was here, so all 3 kids had a fun day just playing outside and running around.  Of course, by this point there was a thin blanket of pollen beginning to cover everything, so I knew it was just a matter of time before someone reacted to it.  My kids have been doped up on Zyrtec for weeks now anticipating the yellow crud.  Unfortunately, Brady was the first to fall victim to the pollen.

Tuesday - Big B stayed home with his yucky nose and cough, K and T and I headed out on a walk to the neighborhood playground and wore each other out.  When we got home, they headed outside to play pretty much all afternoon.  We even had out lunch outside on the deck!  It was pretty darn hot on Tuesday, but I still managed to keep them outside long enough for me to catch some sun on the deck. :)

Wednesday - Repeat of Tuesday.

Thursday - We were lucky to get some rain to wash away the yellow-ness.  I've never been so thankful to see rain clouds when I woke up!  This being Nana's 60th birthday, we had a bit of shopping to do.  We started out morning at the World's Most Wonderful Dentists (Cherokee Children's Dentistry) where I learned that my big girl should be losing a tooth soon, and she should be gaining some new molars (thought we were done with the teething thing for a while).  I'm supposed to be forcing encouraging Tanner to kick the thumb habit before his 4th birthday, but honestly I'm just too tired after the whole potty-training fiasco to take anything else away from him right now.  No cavities, stickers, and gummy hands in tow, we headed to pick up steaks and cake mix for the surprise birthday dinner we were preparing for Nana.  (Side note -- Tanner asked, "How old is Nana?"  I replied, "60."  "Is she gonna die?"  WHAT IS IT WITH THE OBSESSION WITH DEATH???)  Brady made it over for a few hours to play, but he mostly slept, due to his sickness and lack of sleep the 3 nights before.  Hopefully, his mommy got a much needed break.  He was awesome for me, and Kendall got some Big B time.  Then we had dinner, where Kendall read Nana's birthday card to her, which brought a tear to Mom's eye.  Awesome night!

Today - Another playground day, for sure.  It was a tad bit nippy this morning, so the kids played tunnels and trains while I attempted to complete Week 2, Day 3 of my P90X workout.  Then we packed our lunch and headed to this little playground where there are never any people.  Tracy and I like to call it the secret playground -- our little club.  We don't want to tell anyone about it because we're afraid people will start coming and then it will be crowded like all the other playgrounds around here.  We were the only ones there today, which was awesome once it warmed up.  There still wasn't much pollen after the rain, so we were able to play for 4 hours without any complaints.

I hate to be that mom who wears her kids out -- giving them too much to do.  But I wanted to take advantage of this gorgeous weather while we have it.  Usually, we jump from winter to summer with only a few weeks of semi-hot weather in between.  And I know those 90+ days are coming soon, so we have to get out and play while we can!

And that's what we've done.  So if WW says that all kids need is 60 minutes a day of activity, we are doing very well!!

0 comments: