Favorite Photo Friday

| |


Tim & Tanner - April 2009
A Day Out With Thomas

I love, love, love this picture.  I mean, how could I not?  My two favorite guys on one of my favorite days as a family.  We took the kids to see and ride Thomas the Tank Engine in Tennessee last spring, and we had such a good time.  Of course, it was characteristically HOT, as usual in these parts.  But it was such a joy to see Tanner's eyes light up when he saw that big, useful engine!!

This outing, which isn't something we get to do very often due to cost, was so worth the money.  The anticipation on the way to the train station was almost too much for Tanner to bear.  We hoped he and his sister would take a nap on the way there, but he would have none of it!  Once there, we saw the sites, visited some train tables and tattoos stations, picked out some ice cream and treats from the train tent.  So much fun.  No matter how hot it was or how long we had to stand in line to actually ride Thomas, it was worth it.

And while I wasn't sad to see the Thomas stage leave our house (Oh, who am I kidding?  Thomas is still around every once in a while.), I am happy Tanner went through the train phase ... no matter how hard I tried to keep Thomas out of our house!!

0 comments: