Tickets to what, you ask?
Tickets to the show.
What show, you ask?
The GUN SHOW!!
That's right, folks. In this post I'm
totally and
completely going to brag on myself. I have been working these glamour muscles and it has paid off! I wasn't too sure if I was looking much different, seeing as how I look at myself every day ... I don't see much of a change. But last Thursday Tim and I got a much needed grown-ups night out at Taco Mac to see our favorite dirty uncle who was passing through town, and when I was in the restroom washing my hands, I noticed a girl on her phone, staring at me. I looked in the mirror, wondering if I forgot to pull my pants up or something, when she finally commented, "Your arms look awesome."
Say
WHAT?!
Did I just get a compliment on my arms? Seriously?
Of course, flabbergasted, I replied with, "Thank you!" and a sheepish smile. I
did notice, at that point, my heybabies weren't rocking around like they used to.
Then she proceeded to continue, "No,
seriously, like, your arms are super ripped. Even when you were just washing your hands, those muscles were bulging all over the place."
(By the way, no, she was
NOT hitting on me. She was in her late teens and in very good shape, so I felt especially proud that she noticed!)
I exclaimed, a little louder this time, "Thank you," and she continued on.
"So, do you do, like, some kind of workout routine? What do you do?"
By this time I had an audience, all with their eyes glued to my arms as I dried my hands under the electric dryer. Heybabies still were not swinging.
"I do P90X. And carry toddlers and preschoolers around."
"Well, whatever you are doing, it works! Seriously. And your chest, too. Not, like, your boobs, I'm not checking out your boobs, but your muscles. Your arms are, like,
hot!"
So there you go. Week 14, day 4 ... still hanging in there and so proud of myself for pretty much being finished with my first official round of Tony Horton craziness. I still don't look like Dreya (but hey, she hasn't had kids, I'm pretty sure), but I do look a lot better than some of the people on those videos. And I have some serious glamour muscles. And no more heybabies!!
So, thank you to the girl in the restroom at Taco Mac on Dallas Highway. You, like, seriously made my day!!
4 comments:
YOU GO SEXY MAMA!!! Hang in there!
For the record, as we left your house the other night, Matt asked me if you were a swimmer b/c your shoulders were so buff! :)
We need some before and after pics!!!!!
beth
I don't have any before's. I honestly didn't think I would finish!! I have before's from the first attempt -- but they actually look a lot like my after's now ... so ... hmmm ...
Post a Comment