Well it was inevitable. It finally happened. Kendall made it to her 6th birthday.
And so did I.
And her birthday came and went just like Eloise's 6th birthday.
You know Eloise? "I am Eloise, and I am six." I felt like that's all I heard all day yesterday. Kendall actually woke me up early (around 6), and when I walked in her room, she motioned me over to her bed, pulled my ear down close and whispered, "Mommy, I'm six now," before plopping back down on the pillow and drifting back to sleep.
I love her. So cute.
As promised, Kendall got to pick every single thing we did yesterday. She chose cinnamon rolls for breakfast -- "But not until after you get your coffee, Mommy." Bless her! -- and then Aunt Keri brought over some birthday gifts -- Gotta love that Aunt Keri. She thought it was important for Kendall to get her present on her birthday, not after. -- and then we headed to the pool -- What else would my little fish choose?? -- and back home to open more presents from Nana, Mommy, Daddy, and Tanner, and then to Stevie B's for pizza and video games.
She only got a little sad one time when she was opening her present from Keri and David and I had to explain why no one else was coming right now. I guess this is the first time she realized her actual party is not going to be on her birthday ... anyway, after I explained that today she was getting s few presents, Saturday she was having her party, and then next weekend we will have a family party when MeMaw and PePaw get back in town, she was OK. I suppose it could be confusing to a 6-year-old as to why everyone doesn't want to celebrate with her on her special day.
So, as we celebrate 6 years of Kendall, I also celebrate 6 years of being a Mommy. We've traded the crying, reflux, and sleepless nights for sassing, eye-rolling, and ... well ... sleepless nights. But I wouldn't trade a single second I've had with this precious gift from God.
One of the best things about me is HER.

0 comments:
Post a Comment