I warned everyone before that, if I should begin to "write" in my little notebooks, that my blog would suffer.
Well, I haven't started writing yet, but I did buy the notebooks ... and the blog is already suffering! I wish I could say that it's because there hasn't been much going on. However, it seems there has been a ton happening and I just can't multi-task or compartmentalize.
Anyway, I came across this one in the jumble ...
Brother and Sister
October 2006
This is the first picture I have where the two actually look like they recognize each other. Like Tanner is saying, "Hey, I know you." And Kendall is saying, "Well, you are kinda cute -- I guess I'll let the grown-ups keep you around."
This one especially strikes a cord this morning after a day and night of the kids begging to have a sleepover in Kendall's bed last night. This is the first time they were in a bed together -- other than in mine and Tim's bed when Tanner was a bitty baby and Kendall was a non-sleeper. ;0) Tanner had woken from his nap, and I was taking a shower. He wasn't crying, so I didn't rush, but when I got in his room, I found Kendall lying in the crib with him, under his blanket. When I snapped the photo, Kendall was talking to Tanner in her sweet little voice, "Can you smile for the camewa, Tannewbug?"
I love these two. I loved them when they were new and squishy. I loved them when they were toddlers and getting into everything. I love them when they fight -- with each other and with me. And I still love the way they look at each other sometimes -- and I know, deep in my heart, they will always be there for each other, in good times and bad.
0 comments:
Post a Comment