Vacation, My Arse

| |

As we head into our final week of school for the year 2010 (WHAT??  CRAZINESS!), I am faced with a reality -- the reality that the next two weeks (after this one) are going to be tough.  I always think it's funny how my FB buddies are always talking about how awesome Christmas break is -- of course, it's usually the ones who are DINKS (Translation: double income, no kids).  Their days are loaded with Christmas parties with pretty drinks and New Year's Eve festivities with sparkly dresses and new heels.

The life of a mommy is a bit different.  I mean, sure I could still do all of those things -- I could go to Christmas parties, but I'd have to wear something out of my closet ... and we all know how abysmal that is.  I'm still wearing shoes from two years ago, for goodness sake.  And the adult beverages are still an option for me (because I'm NOT PREGNANT, like 98% of my friends), but what fun is an adult beverage if you can't follow it with a few more?  And the morning after head pounding makes all those aformentioned beverages totally not worth it.  As for the New Year's Eve thing, the same rules apply. A  few years ago Tim and I were invited to a NYE party, adults only, and I had to shop for, like, 3 days to find something I thought was suitable.

Which leads me on a completely different tangent -- I'm so out of touch with what's in style.

But that's another blog altogether.

Anyway, so after this week filled with gingerbread making and pajama days at the kids' schools, they will be all mine.  Tim will be at work, Nana will be at work, and I'll be at home.  With the two kids who appear to dislike each other almost as much as I dislike them disliking each other.  I'm OK with the dislike -- it's the constant whining from the boy child and the constant bossing from the girl child.  And it is absolutely freezing outside (wind chill of 8 today), so we'll be stuck inside.

I'm in desperate need of some ideas.  While I'm completely content with DVRing 5,000 movies or letting them play on their iPhones all day long, those are not good options.  Number 1, because then they aren't tired at bedtime.  Number 2, because then I would look like a bad mom.

Oh, and these ideas cannot cost any money.  Because I've gone way over budget on Christmas.  I'm liking the ideas put forth by a fellow blog Mommy.  What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Keisha, the grass ain't always greener my friend.