He's Gonna Melt Some Hearts!!

| |

OK, so I complain about all these artsy things Tanner has to do for school -- but I have to be honest.  I love doing these artsy projects.  Unfortunately for my kids, I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to said projects.  So we start off with all these, "Look, Buddy, you can help Mommy do this" comments, but, in the end, I printed some pictures from the Playhouse Disney website so Tanner could color while I finished gluing my creation.


Tanner did choose the design, after scouring the Internet for ideas.  Then he helped me find some toilet paper rolls and cut some letters on the Cricut.  I let him do a little bit of the glue mess, but since the glue sticks wouldn't work, I had to take him off glue-duty.  (Tanner + Tacky Glue = DISASTER)


I've been posting pictures via Facebook throughout the day of my progress.  I have to say, now looking at the finished product, this one won't be going in the trash any time soon!!


Step 1 -- Cricut letters -- Tanner likes to help with cutting the letters.  It gives me a chance to work on his letters and some phonics with him.  Gluing the teeny-tiny letters down was a different story.


Step 2 -- Cutting the circle and making the tires.  Did this part on my own.


Step 3 -- Painting the toilet paper rolls.  I did this while Tanner was at school.  I know, he would've loved to do some painting, but oh well.


Step 4 -- Tape up the Capri Sun box and make the flap.  Then I had to cover the box with red paper.  This step would have been so much easier if I had some red wrapping paper; instead, I had to use several pieces of red construction paper.  Lots of glue and tape helped hold the paper in place.  It's a big 'ole mess up close.


Step 5 -- This was fun!!  I had to get some pictures of Tanner in his fireman outfit so he could be sitting in the windows of the truck!  So we played dress up and printed some cute little pictures.  Then I made "windows" with his picture from every angle of the truck.  I'm really happy with the way that part turned out!


Step 6 -- Glue the tires on.  Fairly easy.  Tanner got to squeeze the glue for that part. :)


Step 7 -- Glue on the ladder (made of Popsicle sticks and tooth picks), the "doors", and the license plate with Tanner's name.




And here is the finished product.  I am so excited for him to take it to school on Friday!!

Now to just finish the actual Valentine's that go inside all his friends boxes ...

0 comments: