Who Cares if the Tub is Dirty???

| |

I just read this on my cousin's Facebook page and it speaks volumes to me.  As a SAHM, I struggle daily with all the hats I must wear.  Many of my SAHM-friends joke around about needing a secretary or an assistant.  But it's so true.  Staying at home and raising kids is a full time job.  One that often goes unrewarded and underpaid, unless you count being paid in kisses.  But even as the kids get older, their appreciativeness and kisses tend to get fewer and far between.  So, as this poem says, I think it's important to make the most of the times when you can get them.

Some houses try to hide that fact
That children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly--
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the doors.
I should apologize, I guess,
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
And we played and laughed and read.
And if the bathtub doesn't shine
Their eyes will shine instead.
For when, at times, I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I want to have a lovely house,
But first I'll be a mother.

--Author Unknown

0 comments: