Tanner Michael - December 2006
It seems only fitting that I be a sappy, old, nostalgic mommy today. I was going to post the crying picture from the first day of school since it is, in fact, the last day of school. But then I came across this old video from when Tanner was 4 months old.
| Field Trip 09/2010 |
Yes, that gigantic baby is only 4 months old.
And you all wondered where I got the muscles in my shoulders and arms back then.
| Halloween 10/2010 |
Anyway, if you watch closely, you'll notice that Tanner still looks very similar to this video. Those big blue eyes are still there. Those enormous lips are still there. And that gummy grin is still the same, though there are some teeth now that have, unfortunately, been affected by almost 5 years of thumb-sucking. His little giggle is still the same today, only his voice is a little deeper.
| Thanksgiving Feat 11/2010 |
And if you listen closely (OK, so you don't really have to listen closely. The little voice in the background is pretty prominent.), you can hear Kendall telling me to take her picture.
Just like now.
| Christmas 12/2010 |
So here we are, one year of school under our belts. Of course, now Tanner thinks he is going to kindergarten in the morning. And as I type he keeps telling me he's ready to go get Sissy because, "It's too quiet here." I'm rather liking the fact that I'm going to have some buddies for lunch soon.
Well, I'm liking it for now.
I'm sure I will change my tune in a week or so.
Or maybe a few hours.
![]() |
| Chef Tanner 02/2011 |
But for now, I'm happy to have my little man home with me. After all, I've missed the constant hugs and "I love yous" that he always has for me. And I've missed tripping over Matchbox cars. And Trio blocks. And flip flops EVERYWHERE.
![]() |
| Breakfast with Easter Bunny 04/2011 |
Picking him up from school was probably sadder for me than for him -- he doesn't understand that he won't be seeing these kids again. I think we are the only people in Child's Play that don't live in Bridgemill, so we won't be going to the same school next year as his friends and classmates. So, in a rather astonishing moment of bright thinking, grabbed some Sharpies on the way out the door so his teachers and friends could sign his class shirt. And he is loving having everyone's autographs on his shirt.
![]() |
| Senior Picnic 05/2011 |
And years from now we'll pull out his box of "old stuff" and I'll remember how proud I feel today. And how lucky we were to have such an awesome experience at Child's Play (for both kids). Ms. Sheila, Ms. Katie, and Ms. Christy will never know how much I have appreciated them this year and how much I will miss Tanner going to school with them every day.
![]() |
| Graduation 05/2011 |
I am one lucky mom.




0 comments:
Post a Comment