Tanner Michael - July 13, 2011
Amazed. That is the only way to describe how I felt when I took this picture. And proud. Yes, I was crying as I snapped the photo and had to explain to Tanner that they were happy tears.
This one has put me through the ringer this summer. No doubt. But then he goes and does something like this ...
Tim has been trying to get Tanner to ride his bike forever. Every time he'd come out of the garage with a different riding toy (other than his bike) I would grow and more irritated. No, I do not know how to ride a bike. All the more reason for me to want both of my kids to know how. I know how much they will be left out if they don't learn. And then, when they are my age, people will crack jokes about them every chance they get. (I know, I have great friends, right?!)
So tow days ago, in the blazing Georgia heat, Tim took the training wheels off. He gave Tanner one little push to get him started, and he hasn't stopped since. He's only had one minor wreck that didn't even draw blood. And he is so incredibly proud of himself. As he should be.
And he cracks jokes with everyone else now about how Mommy doesn't know how to ride a bike and he does. "And I'm still 4!"
Lovely.
I'm so proud of my monkey.

0 comments:
Post a Comment