I desperately need to clean my toilets, so I'm going to make this one quick. But I feel the need to post it.
Tim and I have officially decided to change some things around here. I'm ecstatic that he has jumped on the bandwagon with me (though he was thinking differently after seeing the last grocery bill!), but I think in the long run it will be what's best for our little family.
First, we are starting a new workout regimen on Monday. After watching infomercials for a while, Tim decided on Insanity. I know what you're thinking ... "You are insane." Probably. Hence, the name. But we have to do something. With age, Tim and I have found it harder and harder to stay in shape. Weight lifting and resistance just aren't enough anymore. And I am past the age where I can just workout and eat what I want, or not work out and starve. So we are taking a huge step and beginning this crazy workout on Monday. I will be posting some pictures so you can follow our journey. ;)
Along with our new workout, we are taking on a new style of eating. Because we want optimal results, we have decided to follow the meal plan included with the workout. That means cleaner eating -- more fruits and veggies, no sugar, no alcohol (The hell you say?!), lean meat, etc. A friend suggested last year that I begin ordering farmer's market baskets, so we ordered one last week. I was pleasantly surprised by what was included. By getting a basket filled with unexpected goodies, we will be forced to cook with produce other than carrots and apples. For $18, we got all of this! Considering a bag of apples at the store is usually $8, I am certain this would have cost at least twice that much at the store. So my fridge is stocked with lots of greens and we have our first "fruit bowl" on the table in the kitchen. Kids want a snack? Get an apple.
We also planted our own garden. I wish I had a picture of it! It's not your regular garden -- it's a Pinterest-inspired garden. And it's gorgeous. I can't wait for the plants to start sprouting. We are growing zucchini, tomatoes (big and small), green beans, green onions, red and green bell peppers, and corn. And on top of that, our apple trees we planted last year have apples!! Teeny, tiny little green apples! I love feeling sustainable. Now we just need to get our own cows and chickens and we are all set. ;)
So we are kicking the habit. Pray for me as I begin 60 days without wine ... and there may be a few slip ups. But I'm excited about our new journey. (I know Tim probably thinks that sounds corny, but that's OK.) I'm just glad he's gonna get "healthy" with me. I like having him around and I want us to be around, together, for a long, long time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment